Pages

.

Wednesday 15 January 2014

"attrib" is not recognize as an external or internal command, operable program or batch file"


One of my readers asked me this question long time ago . Not that I didn't answer, I did but, to go and find it in the comments, sure damn annoying. So I think, I wanted to separate this case to be a stand alone entry.

So here was the Q;

"'Attrib' is not recognize as an external or internal command, operable program or batch file"

>>here<<

If you ever come across this type of problem, first thing you must do is check whether attrib.exe is still present in the system. 

HOW?

Go to your local drive --> windows --> system32 and find attrib.exe.

If you don't see it. Then move on to the next step to unhide all the hidden files and folders in your system.

In the menubar, point to TOOLS --> FOLDER OPTIONS.

In the VIEW TAB, scroll until you find the HIDE PROTECTED OPERATING SYSTEM FILES. Untick this option. APPLY --> OK


Don't get it? >here<

Then look again for attrib.exe

If you don't find it there, so yeah... obviously it went missing, or had been renamed or moved from the original path or accidentally had been deleted.

HOW TO FIX?

You need to reinstall the attrib.exe.

If your have the OS CD, then you can just install it manually using the CD.

But, if you don't have the CD, then you have Mr.Google. I'm sure there'll be some available download sites for this type of file.

Why the hell did I post about this?
Can't I? This is my blog.

Anyway, attrib.exe is important because if you are the type who love to hide your files or folders, then, this is how it works. It helps you to change the attributes of a file/folder.

P/S : I feel lazy this lately... actually almost every time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

sum o' spies